• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hosting "warez" websites..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdarwin

My question is in regard to hosting sites which provide links to copyright material...

Is a link illegal by itself? No... (i don't think so)

Thus if I offer "warez" hosting where the users upload only webpages that may or may not contain links to pirated software "warez", Can I be held responsible?

Also what if I have a disclaimer stating that the company being infringed, if so, can have that site removed (which has happened in the past)?

Sites hosting warez sites or "unrestricted hosting" are webhosts that host icewarez.net or sites listed on t50.com and how do they get away with hosting "warez" sites?

I want to open a site like "zerawhost.com" and is what they are doing illegal?

So what do I do and is what I am doing illegal?

JETX

If you are found to be promoting violations of copyright, you could be found liable.

But, let me give you a little 'heads-up' on the more likely scenario:
1) Any ISP that you use for this site, will definitely get a cease and desist order from the copyright holder. That will quickly shut down your site.
2) You will very likely get some corporate copyright holder with deep pockets to hire attorneys who will contact you with a cease and desist letter. If you refuse to stop your 'support of copyright violations', they could take legal action against you. This action will very likely cost you major $$ and time to resolve.

With just these two possible scenarios, why would you even consider providing this 'service'??

racer72

Did you happen to notice that all of the warez sites are hosted by foreign websites? Most in Russia and Thailand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">