• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to contact for permission?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ScenicAngel

I'm in the stages of planning and setting up a business. I would be making up memory albums for people or special mom/dad albums. I have no clue how to contact some of the artist of their work I would like to include or will be asked to include in the albums. I have read several places, some artist are pretty flexible but when i try to contact them i get their agency? and of course no, i can't use them no i can't contact the artist. Here's what a possible album would be: wedding album, i will be charging for whole completed album, some charge per page. a couple would like their special songs lyrics in their album on special stationary pages. well, then i need to get a hold of the writer of the lyrics to print them to the stationary, if they want the stationary to have a graphic by a well known artist i need to get a hold of them, if they want a special poem i need to get a hold of the writer..... how? I can't get close enough or emails to find out. these albums are just for their personal use but i need to make sure what i need to do and how to do it prior to this coming up. if i need to contact a copyright lawyer to have them contact each of the artists/writers that are possible, what would something like this cost? I'm in New Hampshire...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, right now plans are on hold til i know how to get thru this part...

Thank you
ScenicAngel

T

T-DESIGNER

I have not read this book, but the title seems like it might
give you some assistance:

"Getting Permission: How To License & Clear Copyrighted
Materials Online & Off" by Attorney Richard Stim

I don't know the publisher's name of the book.

Do a search for "free legal information", and visit the
copyright department of the book stores on the sites
that come up in your search list.

Disclaimer: This response is neither a recommendation nor
an advertisment for any publisher, book, book seller,
author, or web site.

Last edited:
S

ScenicAngel

Thank you for responding... I'll go do that now... Hopefully something can get worked out.... :)

Thanks again,
ScenicAngel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">