• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to serve an Answer to a summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dante900

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Not sure if I'm in the right place, but, I just gotten a summons from the Federal Court and I wrote up the Answer and filed it with the court, but they couldn't answer my question about if I have to send it to the Plaintiff as well. If so, do I just mail it to the address on the summons or do I have to get a U.S. Marshall to serve it? Thank you for your time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Not sure if I'm in the right place, but, I just gotten a summons from the Federal Court and I wrote up the Answer and filed it with the court, but they couldn't answer my question about if I have to send it to the Plaintiff as well. If so, do I just mail it to the address on the summons or do I have to get a U.S. Marshall to serve it? Thank you for your time.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Mail it to their attorneys, or to the plaintiff if they are pro se.

If the answer was e-filed through ECF, and the plaintiff or their attorneys are also signed up to ECF, then you do not need to send a physical copy to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">