• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a guarenteed big money case, come and show me we can win and let's go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

writergir777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

This man I trusted, who I was narrating his work offered to help me learn how to publish my first books.
I was giving it to him to put together and help me get covers.

March 2013 he published the first one.
Now I've found so far 122 of my books
3 different names
Elizabeth Meadows
Liz Meadows and my pen name I made up
Tiffan Mae
with 5 different publishers on tons of sites

I had a few law friends and the publishers tell me this is guarenteed but I also want to go and to personal suet with him because of him ruining my name and my money loss they tell me no less than $500,000

Silverplum

"I have a guarenteed big money case, come and show me we can win and let's go"

That is not the purpose of this site. We do not offer referrals and lawyers do not find clients here.

Contact your local Bar Association for referrals.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

This man I trusted, who I was narrating his work offered to help me learn how to publish my first books.
I was giving it to him to put together and help me get covers.

March 2013 he published the first one.
Now I've found so far 122 of my books
3 different names
Elizabeth Meadows
Liz Meadows and my pen name I made up
Tiffan Mae
with 5 different publishers on tons of sites

I had a few law friends and the publishers tell me this is guarenteed but I also want to go and to personal suet with him because of him ruining my name and my money loss they tell me no less than $500,000
There is no such thing in law as a "guaranteed big money" case. There are only "guaranteed to cost more money than expected" cases. ;)

I am not sure how your former friend ruined your name or how he managed to publish an astonishing 122 books in two years, but I suggest you contact your "few law friends" to see if any one of them can direct you to a publishing law professional in your area for guidance. As Silverplum noted, we do not provide referrals.

Good luck.

Last edited:

quincy

My guess is: that each translation "counts as" 1 book. :cool:
So you (or LHB) think that some of the books written by writergir777 were translated into different languages, making it less than 122 different titles? Possibly but, even so, the translations would be derivatives which would require permission from the author to publish.

Not that any of this matters much because writergir777 needs to go over all of the facts with an attorney in her area if she is thinking of suing for "big money." With luck she will find an attorney who will charge her less than big money to pursue her infringer.

quincy

Actually, I was adding up damages if the books are written at the same level of the English language as the original post. I'm up to $3.76.
Oh. So you have some problem believing that writergir777 could "personal suet with him" for "no less than $500,000?"

(I understand now your earlier post. Took me awhile, huh?)

Last edited:

single317dad

Actually, I was adding up damages if the books are written at the same level of the English language as the original post. I'm up to $3.76.
I think that's too generous. I had decided to ignore this thread earlier when I found the author's social media account. The quality of writing does not improve, and the "books" are mostly quick and dirty e-book romance types. That does not diminish the creator's rights in any way, but does greatly affect the value of the media.

I found the following to be most revealing: "I have 6 books of 12-15k words each to write in 6 days. It's going to be tough but I'm confident I can do it." (paraphrased) Oh, and her "new job at a publishing company, writing a 10k word book each day." Watch out, Dickens!

quincy

I think that's too generous. I had decided to ignore this thread earlier when I found the author's social media account. The quality of writing does not improve, and the "books" are mostly quick and dirty e-book romance types. That does not diminish the creator's rights in any way, but does greatly affect the value of the media.

I found the following to be most revealing: "I have 6 books of 12-15k words each to write in 6 days. It's going to be tough but I'm confident I can do it." (paraphrased) Oh, and her "new job at a publishing company, writing a 10k word book each day." Watch out, Dickens!
Oh my.

But, if writergir777 registered the copyrights in her books, the amount she could potentially collect in the way of statutory damages is substantial. Profits and/or losses, on the other hand, might be difficult to prove.

I admire your extra research, single317dad.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">