• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have a idea for a social network site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

mrRAS, you can add content to your post by using the "edit post" feature or you can "reply to thread" and add your content that way. Please do not start a second thread, though. This thread can be salvaged. :)

The "preview post" function on this site is malfunctioning and has yet to be repaired. It tends to delete posts instead of posting them.

Please be sure to include the name of your state, too. Thanks.

mrRAS

help protecting idea for a social network site

I have no idea how to create it but need my idea protected before I pursue contacting investors and someone who can help turn my idea into reality.

quincy

I have no idea how to create it but need my idea protected before I pursue contacting investors and someone who can help turn my idea into reality.
What is the name of your state?

You can protect the unique idea you have for a social networking site by having those you work with on the development of the idea sign nondisclosure or confidentiality agreements.

A nondisclosure agreement is a legally binding contract which, when signed by all parties, binds them to its terms. The terms of the agreement can include keeping the social networking site idea, and the plans on how to develop the idea, a secret from others.

If one of the parties discloses without authorization the idea and the plans for the development of the idea, that party can potentially be sued and money damages can be awarded.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">