• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to make a cartoon with a famous animator

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kawalski

VA

I want to spend the next five years writing a tv show.

The way I am writing it is with the idea that the animator I need will do storyboards and animation and have autonomous creative control.

I just want a small royalty for coming up with the basic idea and original writing, from there I want him to make it amazing.

He is a very creative individual who lost creative control once and is adamant about keeping it.

I asked my friend Hollywood (He is a lawyer from VA who moved to LA to practice entertainment law) and this is what he said:

--
i think the harder part frankly is going to be getting him to see it. most places don't even accept submissions because they don't want someone to come along and say "you stole my idea"
do you have a contact with his company?
--

And I don't have a contact with his company. It's only him and a few lawyers and publicists, very small circle.

Is this possible? :D

Any advice welcomed.

quincy

VA

I want to spend the next five years writing a tv show.

The way I am writing it is with the idea that the animator I need will do storyboards and animation and have autonomous creative control.

I just want a small royalty for coming up with the basic idea and original writing, from there I want him to make it amazing.

He is a very creative individual who lost creative control once and is adamant about keeping it.

I asked my friend Hollywood (He is a lawyer from VA who moved to LA to practice entertainment law) and this is what he said:

--
i think the harder part frankly is going to be getting him to see it. most places don't even accept submissions because they don't want someone to come along and say "you stole my idea"
do you have a contact with his company?
--

And I don't have a contact with his company. It's only him and a few lawyers and publicists, very small circle.

Is this possible? :D

Any advice welcomed.
I agree with your attorney/friend. Most places will not accept unsolicited works. You might look into getting an agent.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">