• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal use of register trademark in meta data

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Knicole

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi, Our company just launch a new job board website last month. We have been experiencing major problems with other sites that are knowingly using our registered trademark name in their meta tags without out permission from us. Before I hire an attorney, I'd like the forum's opinion on how to combat this problem. It is simply out of control. There are about 100 links out there using the trademark and many of them don't link back to our site.

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi, Our company just launch a new job board website last month. We have been experiencing major problems with other sites that are knowingly using our registered trademark name in their meta tags without out permission from us. Before I hire an attorney, I'd like the forum's opinion on how to combat this problem. It is simply out of control. There are about 100 links out there using the trademark and many of them don't link back to our site.
If you don't want to hire an attorney, you can try and find the owners of the offending websites and send them letters telling them to cease and desist, and hope that they comply. The only way to force them to comply is to obtain a court order, and you have to file a lawsuit to get to that point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">