• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Images of Event Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmoran3

I wanted to print up old event tickets on a large canvas and sell them as art. Is this legal to do if I own the ticket and just take the picture myself? Or can I just use an image I find online? I've seen pictures of athletes at sports memorabilia shows coupled with images of tickets in frames and sold, I'm just not sure if it's legal to do. Any guidance is appreciated.

quincy

I wanted to print up old event tickets on a large canvas and sell them as art. Is this legal to do if I own the ticket and just take the picture myself? Or can I just use an image I find online? I've seen pictures of athletes at sports memorabilia shows coupled with images of tickets in frames and sold, I'm just not sure if it's legal to do. Any guidance is appreciated.
From what state or country are you posting, rmoran3?

I am not exactly sure what it is you want to do.

It is possible to use material you have legally acquired and create a "collage" with these items. So, for example, if you have a photograph of an athlete that you took or that you legally purchased, and you have a ticket to a sporting event that the athlete participated in, and you have other memorabilia like, say, a sports card, you can frame all of these together and then sell the items that way.

Is this what you want to do?

You cannot take images you find online, though, without permission from the copyright holder, and you cannot make your own copies of someone else's copyrighted material.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">