• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Instruction Video

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simplism

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Hello all...

I'm a student in Design and Animation. I always wanted to make sort of an instructional video, for instance in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, for commercial purposes to maybe help me with school expenses and maybe help my wife paying some of our bills. My questions and worries is geared towards the legal aspect (copyrights) of producing such a material (i.e. the software being used in the tutorial, copyrighted media like videos and photographs that will be part of the tutorial, other audio materials, dvd logo, that sort of thing) Any advice for me to have a good start would be truly appreciated. Thank you very much.

FlyingRon

You can't use other people's copyrighted materials.
Any content you create not derived from other people's materials is inherently protected by copyright as soon as it's laid down.
You can't use other people's trademarks in commerce without license (including the DVD logo).

Both U.S. Copyright Office and United States Patent and Trademark Office have FAQ pages.

If you have some specific questions, ask, but what you've asked for so far could form a couple of books.

simplism

Thanks FlyingRon

I appreciate your advice... so it sounds like i will be making my own graphics, and or other materials for the project which wouldn't be that much of a problem. What about the use of software for the whole duration of the tutorial? any advise?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">