• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intellectual Property regarding Fandango movie ticket sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evangelf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a question regarding movie tickets. I was selling Fandango movie tickets a few weeks ago, but was told by a lawyer representing Fandango to stop all sales and take down the listing on my site. I did. Now I am selling an envelope in which I include a FREE movie ticket in it. So the customer buys an envelope that includes a free movie ticket for their convenience. These are Regal movie passes, not Fandango. Now Fandango is e-mailing me again to take down the site. I called the attorney who initially called me and said I should talk to a lawyer and get legal advice concerning my new business venture. Can Fandango still tell me to shut down my site/proceed with legal action? The attorney himself, said if it's not Fandango products, it doesn't concern them. Like I mentioned, these movie tickets do not concern the Fandango name, they are Regal movie passes, and besides, they are being given away for free, I'm selling the envelope. Any input is appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tranquility

While I am uncertain you have violated any IP law, lawyers don't threaten unless they intend to sue. You should seek counsel to review their demands.

(On a side note, I wouldn't rely on the "I'm selling envelops and giving away what's inside for free." for any legal purpose.)

evangelf

Well they said to take down the listing on my site last week and I did. They said to take it down because I was selling Fandango products. But the thing is I'm not selling Fandango products anymore. These are just Regal movie passes that do not have to do anything with Fandango. My concern right now is Fandango since they keep thinking I'm still selling their products. I just want to know if they can keep harassing me like this if I'm not selling Fandango products anymore.

And I just started to do the envelope thing right now AFTER Fandango said to stop selling their products. The tickets I'm giving now are Regal movie passes, since they say they have no cash value or not for sale, I figured I can sell the envelope and give the ticket for free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">