• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invasion of privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaramillo

What is the name of your state? California

I took a picture of a girl at a halloween party this year where she was lifting up her skirt. I thought it would make a cute shot. She was not showing more than what you would see at the beach, infact less. This took place in a powder room, there were about 7 girls in a powder room putting on make-up and just hanging out. Some girls had cameras and we all were posing for pick, not at that very moment, but before and after.

Did I invade her privacy or any other rights she might have?

She stole my camera at the party, developed the photographs, returned what pictures she did not want throught a 3rd party. She keeped all the negatives, 27 exposures. In total she keeped about 9 picutes that were not of her.

Please advise. It is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

jaramillo said:
What is the name of your state? California

I took a picture of a girl at a halloween party this year where she was lifting up her skirt. I thought it would make a cute shot. She was not showing more than what you would see at the beach, infact less. This took place in a powder room, there were about 7 girls in a powder room putting on make-up and just hanging out. Some girls had cameras and we all were posing for pick, not at that very moment, but befoe and after.

Did I invade her privacy or any other rights she might have?

She stole my camera at the party, developed the photographs, returned what pictures she did not want throught a 3rd party. She keeped all the negatives, 27 exposures. In total she keeped about 9 picutes that were not of her.

Please advise. It is greatly appreciated. Leslie

**A: yes, you did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">