• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got a threatening letter from a law firm regarding trademark infringemen domain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STEPHAN

You know, STEPHAN, your comments are often more puzzling to me than the questions the posters ask. :)
Thanks for letting me know, Quincy.

I usually only post in two fields where I am a pro (I have a large amount of domains and have been involved in many disputes and I am a real estate investor).

However, English is not my first language and that might be a problem. I was not aware of that, but I will take that into consideration in the future.

I for sure do not want to make things more complicated.

quincy

If he just transfers the domain, he can still have claims against him from the infringement.

So, if he is willing to transfer the domain, make an agreement that this ends the case completely.
There is no case if the domain name is transferred.

There would be no bad faith demonstrated and no consumer confusion generated. If MMC47 tries to hold onto the domain name with the famous trademark, on the other hand, then the trademark holder can take action to have the use of the domain name terminated and the domain name taken away (under various principles).

I suppose if MCC47 wants to get everything in writing, though, it won't hurt.

And you don't have to apologize to me for my confusion. That is all on me, not you. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">