• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer letter contract breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brooksist

contract breech we are online sellers and physical location as well
recently we started moving merchandise to online stores ebay/amazon which violated our agreement with manufacture , manufacture seeks for 80,000$ in compensation through a letter that was sent by their lawyer if i wont contact him within ten days he may take action to protect its rights overall the amount of products sold online was less then 200 units the manufacture holds about 3000$ of our money on a recent order we have placed which never came out after that we have received that letter from their lawyers
are we been sold for contract breech what are the consequences is it a civil matter or rather criminal one thing is for sure that my bank account holds 2000 and our business is closed meaning i could not pay them their demands or thinking their demand is reasonable
i would love to seek your advice

quincy

Whenever you are faced with a lawsuit of the size threatened, you are smart to seek the advice of an attorney in your area (whatever area of the world that might be). And, in your described situation, the contract you have with the manufacturer would have to be personally reviewed anyway. We cannot do personal reviews here.

That said, while the manufacturer could potentially sue you for violating the terms of your agreement (which would be a civil action), there could also be criminal charges filed against you (and the manufacturer), depending on what the merchandise is that you sold online. For example, selling counterfeit goods, online or off, is not a good or smart thing to do. ;)

Again, seek the advice of an attorney in your area, who can guide you after reading the contract in its entirety and after reviewing all facts.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">