• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal issues with NokiaSonyEricsson.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arthurcsl

Hi,

I wonder if there's any legal problem if I operate business with a domain name called NokiaSonyEricsson.com

Since Nokia and Sony Ericsson are names of existing companies, and I'm planning to be a reseller of mobile phones, would Nokia or Sony Ericsson sue me for doing business with that name?

I was not aware of it when I started it, but then several friends of mine reminded me that there could be such a problem.

Thanks!

Arthur
from BC, Canada

racer72

If you want to go into business for yourself, the first thing you have to do is follow directions. Carefully read the bright red words on the top of the page.

A

arthurcsl

Oh, I knew that, sorry, please use the law of Washington.

I live in Vancouver, Canada, but my office is in Seattle. Just that I posted the message at home.

Arthur
from Seattle, Washington

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">