• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to post my car on internet with license plate w/o my permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buboo88

What is the name of your state? Texas

I just realized someone took pictures of my car and posted it on a website. The problem is my license plate is showing and members have researched and posted my name on the forum. I am worried that members will get my personal information. I never gave any rights or permission for my car to be posted on this website especially with my license plate showing. Please let me know if this is legal.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

buboo88 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I just realized someone took pictures of my car and posted it on a website. The problem is my license plate is showing and members have researched and posted my name on the forum. I am worried that members will get my personal information. I never gave any rights or permission for my car to be posted on this website especially with my license plate showing. Please let me know if this is legal.

My response:

No, it's not legal. Also, for added privacy protection, you should cover up your license plate while driving down the road.

IAAL

buboo88

Can I get a case with this?

What exactly should I do to get this resolved. People are expressing interest in the car and I am afraid someone will get my address and try to do something. Is there anyway I can take the website to court or file some sort of lawsuit?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

buboo88 said:
What exactly should I do to get this resolved. People are expressing interest in the car and I am afraid someone will get my address and try to do something. Is there anyway I can take the website to court or file some sort of lawsuit?

My response:

I guess you didn't understand my initial response to you - - WHOOOOSH!! Right over your head.

It doesn't matter if your license plate is shown in the picture. You see, every time you drive your car, your plate is right there for everyone to see, anyway. So, what I'm trying to tell you is that your fears are unfounded, and there's nothing illegal about posting the plate number with the picture of your car.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">