• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A logo I created wash given to someone else

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WarrenPeace

What is the name of your state Florida?

I created a logo for a youth football organization that I volunteer with, the Fair Oaks Rattlers. I created the logo using Photoshop and some online clipart and FAMU's Rattler head.

The original logo was used on our website. As the season approached I modified the logo so that it could be used on our coach's shirts for this season. We contacted a company to create our shirts and submitted the modified logo to be embroidered on the shirts.

We received our shirts and things were fine. The problem was that a few weeks later at a jamboree, I saw the exact logo that I had created being worn by another team, whose name also happened to be nicknamed Rattlers as well.

The only difference in the logo was that the name had been changed. Outside of that the image was a complete copy of the image I had created.

No other person or company had received a copy of this logo except the company that made our shirts. I tried emailing the sales man from the company that made our shirts, asking him why and how this happened. However at this time I have yet to hear back from him. It has been over 2 weeks since this has happened.

What are my options?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state Florida?

I created a logo for a youth football organization that I volunteer with, the Fair Oaks Rattlers. I created the logo using Photoshop and some online clipart and FAMU's Rattler head.

The original logo was used on our website. As the season approached I modified the logo so that it could be used on our coach's shirts for this season. We contacted a company to create our shirts and submitted the modified logo to be embroidered on the shirts.

We received our shirts and things were fine. The problem was that a few weeks later at a jamboree, I saw the exact logo that I had created being worn by another team, whose name also happened to be nicknamed Rattlers as well.

The only difference in the logo was that the name had been changed. Outside of that the image was a complete copy of the image I had created.

No other person or company had received a copy of this logo except the company that made our shirts. I tried emailing the sales man from the company that made our shirts, asking him why and how this happened. However at this time I have yet to hear back from him. It has been over 2 weeks since this has happened.

What are my options?
What do you want to do? What do you want out of this? In general, you options are to do nothing, or to undertake some attempt to enforce your rights in the logo, either informally or through the courts. What route you take will depend on what you want, and how much time and money and effort you want to spend to get there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">