• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

metaphysical mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

INFINITESEEKER

Hi,

I live in NY state. Two years ago I attended a of metaphysical gathering in Florida which was part of an ongoing group experiment. Included in the experiment are discussions in which personal info was transcribed and recorded. Not all participants had any interest in copyright or any such issue. For the most part as a group we were concerned about pivacy and not revealing the identities of participants who requested anonymity. Since then, one or two members have left the group. The owner of the copyright of this info who is also the person who provided the place and equipment for the experiment has pretty much taken care of this identity issue in her published reports of this experiment. The problem is one of her former associates have stolen this info (there is an ongoing legal case here), and has convinced another former associate that he should have copyrights even though this other former associate has signed documents disclaiming any such rights from the beginning. This person who stole the work has now published all of the info relating to the experiment on a website created specifically to make this copyright owner look bad. Included are the identities and personal info the individuals who participated in the experiment. This person is now claiming written permission from the second former associate to do so based on the perception of this other person's ownership of copyrights. There is no ownership of copyright for this second associate.
Is there anything I can do legally to make him remove my info? He refuses to respond to request that he do so.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">