• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my new blog LEGAL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spheretraveler

I did some research and came to the conclusion that my new blog is LEGAL. But I'm not 100% sure. At the moment, the only visitor is me. The blog is undergoing serious development. As you can notice, most of the posts are unfinished.

The blog is about traveling. It enables people to travel to different corners of the world and visualise the surroundings as if they we're there. For that I had to embed in my articles photo spheres from google.

As you can see, the credit is there. Autor name is in the top left corner of the photo sphere, and google's trademark is at the bottom right corner of the photosphere. The text is written by myself after reading different sources.

I already put a lot of time into this, and I will continue to work on it until it will be ready for "release" and start advertising it (at the moment im the only person who browses the blog). I just want to make sure that my work won't be erased.

So, is the blog completely legal? If it is not legal, can you tell me what's missing that otherwise would make the site legal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I've reported your post due to the links. For a personal review, I would suggest contacting an attorney. You may find one at www.attorneypages.com.

quincy

spheretraveler, you should read Google's policies on using their maps to create photo spheres. Not all of the content belongs to Google. Rights are held by others. You will want to make sure that what you provide in the way of your tours does not include anyone else's rights-protected material or that you get permission from the rights-holders - this to keep your blog legally safe.

I only caught part of your thread before it was (wisely) reported for having links, so I am not sure if I covered your questions - and I agree with Zigner that having your site reviewed by an IP attorney local to you would be smart. The moderator may return one of your threads with the links removed ... but it may take awhile. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">