• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NBA and College Logos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

randelation

I currently own a temporary tattoo business where tattoos are airbrushed on to the body using removable body ink. The tattoos last 3-5 days or can be removed immediately with rubbing alcohol. I plan to expand my tattoo offering by including NBA logos and designs. Is this a monumental task to complete in terms of money and time?

Also, can I use college slogans (i.e. "Go Seminoles", "Go Big blue") as temporary tattoo offerings without trademark infringement? I assume I need approval if I were to use a mascot or college logo.

C

ChicagoLawyer

Is this a monumental task to complete in terms of money and time?
Depends on how you view the matter. Yes it will take time and money. You have to look at it like any other business investment.

can I use college slogans (i.e. "Go Seminoles", "Go Big blue") as temporary tattoo offerings without trademark infringement?
Probably not. You answered your own question, really, with your insight about the mascots and logos. Most, if not all, major colleges have trademarked their team names and nicknames. Even if they havent, you have common law rights at issue and the NCAA to deal with from a licensing perspective.

This response is intended as general information only and does not constitute as legal advice or form any attorney/client relationship

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">