• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice. Accused of copyright infringment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Morrow

I live in Bedfordshire England

Hello Guys

I am in need of some advice from someone who knows something about copyright law since I know nothing on this topic.

I recently released a Eve Online game guide called Eve Billionaire which retails though clickbank, Everything was fine for a few months untill yestday. I received a email from CCP the creators of the game Eve Online claiming that I have breached their copyright by creating a guide for the game and to be honest I really do not think I have! They have demanded I cease distrubution of the guide and destroy it also they want to know about the small about of money that the guide has actually made.

I have not copied any content digital or physical from there product Eve Online.

If anyone can advise me here I would be most grateful and I will assist that person in anyway by supplying them with a copy of the guide so they can check for themselves.

Thanks for your time.

Morrow

The Occultist

If they wish to sue you, they would need to do so in England using England's laws and court systems. This, unfortunately, means that we cannot help you as this site is for US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">