• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice , Urgent, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freehorse

What is the name of your state?
MA

I quitted from my previous company a few months ago, and signed a seperation agreement, which prohibits me from keeping company properties and lawsuits, etc.

My previous company has a few copyright violations, some of which another employee has informed the management a few months ago, but it was never reported to the other party. Can I now report it to the other party so they may go after my previous company? It's likely the violations have been fixed, but I don't know since I am no longer with the company.

Does the seperation agreement I signed prohibit me from reporting the copyright violations? Will I get into any kind of trouble by reporting? For some of the violations, I don't have 100% evidence to prove it. Can I still report it? For others, I need to use some of the company properties (computer files) to prove it. Can they charge me keeping the company property? Although the property was stolen from others.

Can my previous company sue me for anything, like harassesing or hatred? My previous company discrmiated me beyond what you can believe, but I settled with them. Will that be bad for me since it sounds like revenage?

Thanks so much for your help.

racer72

If you gain nothing from reporting your former employee, it is revenge. Some companies have sued whistle blowers and have won in court. And you don't have iron clad evidence, that could pose big problems. Drop it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">