• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help with copyright question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

northerndreamin

I have a screen printing business and need some information. I was approached by a local group wanting to screen print their local fire department name on t-shirts to sell at a local craft fair, however the group is not associated with the fire department and the city town manager doesn't want to endorse (authorize) the group to use the city or township name on any items. My question is this: Do local, state or federal governments or associated groups have any copyright protection in regards to their name usage or does that fall under "public domain"? Any information would be helpful and can be emailed to [email protected]. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">