• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Clip Art Images

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtnstyne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? U.S.

I am currenlty in Iraq in the Army and trying to develop a new logo for our unit. In order to do this I have been combing the internet for clip art type images and I need to find out the legal issues that may arise. The question is this: if I go to google and do image searches and download an image and use it for our logo - not for profit -shirts, hats, and pretty much at work, what are the risks? Thanks, tried to search and found more information than I could comprehend.

FlyingRon

The risks are that you could be sued for copyright / trademark infringement. You could find your website gone poofed because the rights holder file a DMCA complaint.

You need permission, either ask the person who owns it or obtain clip art that is either stated to be in the public domain or pay for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">