• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Sheet Music

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garffenator

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Utah

I have a question regarding downloadable sheet music. There are many sites that offer sheet music for free, and I am interested in having video game sheet music for personal use. However, I want to know if it is legal to download and print free video game sheet music if it is an original arrangement by the person offering the download. I know it would be illegal to simply download an official copyrighted version of any sheet music for free, but I want to know if it's okay to download different arrangements of that music made by others for free (Here is an example: http://www.herbalcell.com/free-sheet-music). I would also like to know if it is legal not only to possess this music, but to perform it at nonprofit functions, such as piano recitals that don't cost any money. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">