• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online TradeMark Violation ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arrius

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Greetings to all and my many thanks for sharing your board with me. I have an issue that I am unsure of as to the possibility of enforcement. It has been approx. five years since I first obtained a US TradeMark on the term "Betboss". I marked the term for protection within any ventures involving gambling and wagering. Some time ago I realized that a venture was using my trademark for an online venture in none other than the wagering venue. I did at that time advise them by email that the name was TM and that I held all rights to the name. They never replied nor aknowledged my email. It has been a short time since that initial request. At this moment they continue to use my marked name for their website which is BetBoss - ? ???????? ???????????? ??????????? ??????????
I realize that this indicates a venture in Greece being the .gr I also realize though that their website is being hosted by servers in Houston Texas here in the USA. Given this even though the individuals themselves have sat the venture up in Greece,can I enforce my rights on the mark given they are using web servers based here in the USA to host the site on which they are using my tm name? Given this and their being in Greece ,can I at the least request they cease and desist on hosting the name and website within the United States? Again my tm is on "Betboss" and they are using the name exactly as I had it TradeMarked'

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">