• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passing on the information given to all the patients

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stonesa

What is the name of your state? UK
I have created a leaflet treatment protocol for a clinic where I worked in the past that I passed on to someone in the discussion group as an example of how this particular treatment works. I did state that this protocol belongs to the Clinic that I no longer work for, but it is more or less a standard protocol in the UK. I have received a letter from my past employer stating that they dilibratelly planted this message to see if I will "lure" patients to some other Clinic and that they have a copyright to this description sheet. I have clearly stated that this description is taken from that Clinic, and now I am petrified that they will sue me or something as they claim that they may have lost business as a result of this (as people may "like me" and ask where I work and come to me)...I know it is silly, but this particular imployer is known for his unreasonable behaviour. Have I done something wrong?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stonesa said:
What is the name of your state? UK
I have created a leaflet treatment protocol for a clinic where I worked in the past that I passed on to someone in the discussion group as an example of how this particular treatment works. I did state that this protocol belongs to the Clinic that I no longer work for, but it is more or less a standard protocol in the UK. I have received a letter from my past employer stating that they dilibratelly planted this message to see if I will "lure" patients to some other Clinic and that they have a copyright to this description sheet. I have clearly stated that this description is taken from that Clinic, and now I am petrified that they will sue me or something as they claim that they may have lost business as a result of this (as people may "like me" and ask where I work and come to me)...I know it is silly, but this particular imployer is known for his unreasonable behaviour. Have I done something wrong?

My response:

Is the United Kingdom a "State"? Since when did we assimilate the United Kingdom into the United States?

Now, I know we kicked your butts in our Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 (that's what we call them), I just don't recall that the United Kingdom is represented by one of the Stars on our Flag. As far as I know, we just sent you "Redcoats" packing back to Merry Old England. Want to try us again?

And, by the way, while I'm on the subject, when are you folks going to be paying your World War II debt back to the United States? We could sure use the money. Remember Roosevelt's "Lend/Lease" program? We shipped a crapload of material, men and planes to you folks, and we still haven't been paid.

You know, you guys started two wars with us, then about 125 years later, you beg us to HELP you. You folks have a lot of nerve - - the least you could do is pay us what you owe.

Do we have to get a collection agency after you? On behalf of the United States, I hereby demand payment in full within the next 30 days.

Are you ready to give up the Union Jack and turn over your country to the United States? Oh, and if you do decide to give up the United Kingdom, and come over to our side to become a State, please leave the Royal Family behind, especially Prince Charles.

IAAL

Last edited:
S

stonesa

Thank you.

Thank you whoever you are, but I am not English I just work in the UK. I expected that our forums are more serious than those from the UK. Sorry, but I really need a "proper" advice.
Mary-Ann

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Thank you.

stonesa said:
Thank you whoever you are, but I am not English I just work in the UK. I expected that our forums are more serious than those from the UK. Sorry, but I really need a "proper" advice.
Mary-Ann

My response:

First of all, it's "whomever." In proper fashion, I am "IAAL," NOT "whoever."

Second, you're writing from the U.K., and asking for "advice" to be used in the U.K. As the instructions for this site CLEARLY state, in big, bold RED words, "U.S. LAW ONLY."

When can we expect payment?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Validation of Debt

"Message from the President (Roosevelt) to the Prime Minister (Churchill)"

February 22, 1944

"May I ask your help in solving a troublesome problem which is of deep political concern both for you and for us? Officers of our Government have lately discussed with Lord Halifax, Mr. Ben Smith and Sir David Waley the possible termination of certain Lend-Lease transactions which we have found embarrassing, and no longer necessary. Your people have, as I understand it, promptly agreed to take over the purchase of goods which cost about $400 million in 1943. Final agreement on the whole list of articles is expected soon, and the negotiations, in view of their complexity, have gone very well.

"Quite apart from these Lend-Lease negotiations, I have been wondering whether it would be feasable for you to consider so ordering your financial affairs as to reduce your gold and dollar holdings available to this country to the neighborhood of $1 billion.

"What do you think can and should be done?"

Signed: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, President of the United States.

Now, Prime Minister Churchill never responded to this letter of ours asking for payment. I figure, after more than 60 years that you've had our money, you good folks in England owe us, with interest thereon, the sum of $4.5 billion.

After Roosevelt died, Churchill merely sent a condolence letter to First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, without so much as a partial check for payment on this debt. Not very nice, considering how nice we were to you to help you with the German Blitzkreig in England, and putting our feelings aside concerning the two previous attacks on our country by England.

Where's the damn money?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">