• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Performance Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BCox

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
My husband and I have had a gospel group for 15 years. About a year ago we did a project under our group name (which my husband and I own) that included 2 original songs that was written by the lady that was singing with us at the time (and including some of our originals as well). This lady just recently left our group in December, and now is insisting that we do not perform her songs any more. Can you tell us what the legal response to this request is?

Also, just before she left, we had started another project. On this project, we had 2 originals and 2 public domain songs. The originals were composed by us individually (my husband and myself), and the public domain songs were re-composed by us as well. Although she paid for the musicians time, this project has not been completed. Again, she is demanding that we not use ANY of the music since she paid for it and it belongs to her. She will not even let us have our own music for our original songs.
Can you tell us what the legal recourse to this is as well?
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">