• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

performers rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cowboybob

What is the name of your state? co
i have been a performer in a local professional musical group for two years. the owner recorded a cd with my voice and photo on the cover. we split up and now i (and others)want compensation for the use of my (our) photo and voice to sell his cd. no contract exists. we were not compensated for the recording session, only a verbal "i'll take care of you"....:eek: so what can i do to try and get compensation? small claims? cease and desist order?
while employed with him, he paid us a per-unit fee for all cd sales. does that constitute a de facto contract? implied contract?

ALawyer

It suggests an oral contract.

See a lawyer though as there are both copyrights and rights to publicity involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">