• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal information posted on public site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E4C1

Hey everyone, I live in Ohio, and 1 year ago my Name, Address and Email were posted on a Bit Torrent site in Comment form 3 times.

It now shows up on Google and doesn't look good.

I need to find a way to get the company to remove it.

Here is their policy: btjunkie - the largest bittorrent search engine

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

justalayman

I need to find a way to get the company to remove it.
You can ask, plead, or offer to buy their actions.

Regardless of whether they remove it or not, the internet appears to have an endless memory as pages are cached in may places so having that one site delete it will most likely not clear all of the internet of the info.

E4C1

Thanks for the replies guys

But i think 3 million page views per day pays them enough to not worry about my money.

The Occultist

I wish to point out that none of that information is deemed "private" by law, and is, in fact, deemed "public" by law.

Here is your only option: see if they have a privacy policy. If they do, see if it restricts the publishing of your information, and if so, take them to court over breach of contract. I can almost guarantee that you will need the aid of an attorney representing you in order to win such a suit, so, seeing how that is the case, my real advice is to actually sit down with an attorney so that he can review all the relevant information and advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">