• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

photo copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lee Tucker

from lee tucker. I am being challanged by a photograher of violating his copyright of his photo of a view of the st. louis cathedral through the decatur st. gates of jackson square on a foggy morning. My photo is similar but is not idenical. Some of the differances are as follows; 1.my shot was taken with a differant size lens, 2.there was less fog thus a piece of a building next to the cathedral is only visable in my photo, 3. it was taken from a slightly differant angle, 4.and it was a color photo that i had printed in black and white. The other photographer claims that since i had seen his photo before taking mine and that the average person may not easily see a differance therfore i am violating his copyright by selling my photo. this dosen't see sensible to me. please advise as to legal tests.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">