• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

photo retouching

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grafxmkr

What is the name of your state? florida

I do photograph retouch work and I am very concerned over photographers' copyrights. I request photographer release forms whenever possible, but sometimes clients will send me photos that appear to be copies of originals and have no copyright information on them. Other times I receive 4x6 photos that are probably proofs with no copyright information, or even 8x10 photos with professional paper but no information on how to contact the photographer. What can I do to protect myself from copyright infringement? I have even went as far as to having the clients write me a letter and sign it stating that in the event of copyright infringement that they accept all responsiblity. Will this help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">