• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Photocopying copyrighted works

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jw1mcgvr

I would like to transfer printed copyrighted material to CD-ROM and sell the CD's. If I require the buyer to sign an affidavit stating that they curently physically own the actual printed material and will be using this CD copy as a form of archive, or backup. In the event that the owners original material is lost, the CD will be destroyed. If the original material is sold or transferred, the CD will be transferred along with the original material.

Does this clear me of copyright infringement?

There is an individual who is selling copies of Sony Playstation games under this premise.

It is my understanding that I am allowed to make a copy of copyrighted works for my own personal use on the basis that I own the original.

I would like information on where to look in the copyright laws for this information

T

ttiger

did you resolve this...just curious

Did you receive any replies? I have a similar situation where I purchased proofs for my wedding and wanted to transfer them to a cd rom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">