• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plain vs Stylized Text...help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aenima

I wish to register my company trademark, which is a custom styled text of the business name. What would be better to register if I only do one- the plain text of the name, or the stylized text?

divgradcurl

I wish to register my company trademark, which is a custom styled text of the business name. What would be better to register if I only do one- the plain text of the name, or the stylized text?
If you are using stylized text, you should register stylized text. You typically register as plain text when the trademark is the name of your company and service, and not tied to any logo or stylized font. It's also typically much more difficult to obtain a plain text registration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">