• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

postcard copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? FL

I have a collection of old postcards that do not have and indication of copyright information. The card does indicate the name of the publishing company. I would like to reproduce these cards to use as greeting cards and framed prints. From whom to I need to get permission or are they considered public domain?

divgradcurl

From whom to I need to get permission or are they considered public domain?
Unless the postcards were printed prior to 1923, you can't be sure that they are public domain. They might be, but you don't know for sure unless you track down the copyright owner to find out for sure. You'll need permission from the copyright owner if the copyright is still in force -- start with the publishing company and see where that leads you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">