• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential copyright of WWII Walther Poster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10mmauto

What is the name of your state? NY
I have a World War II era poster of a Walther PPK. The poster is very old and yellowed, and the paper is very brittle. The poster is written entirely in German. A line on the bottom says "Designed by Major (retired) Fritz von Lindenau, Berlin 1935, No. 39 of his educational tables. 2nd edition. Tested/approved by the office of education of the NSDAP national head management. Published and printed by Hollerbaum and Schmidt, Owner Fritz von
Lindenau, Berlin N65. Hoffmann plates. This is my only clue as to an actual date on the poster. There is NO copyright mark or information. I have scanned the poster and cleaned it up, and would like to sell reprints of it. Given that the poster seems to have been designed before the war, could the material be copyright protected? Could the current Walther company have a copyright interest? Thanks.

T

tijaco-wv

10mmauto said:
What is the name of your state? NY
have been designed before the war, could the material be copyright protected? Could the current Walther company have a copyright interest? Thanks.
They could have an interest - especially when you can see their logo on the picture. May you should ask them also - I don't know a reason why they should not gives you their permission.

The address of their home page is:

http://www.carl-walther.de/englisch/

and their email address is:

[email protected]

or http://www.carl-walther.de/englisch/formular.html

Snail Mail:

Carl Walther GmbH Sportwaffen
P.O. Box 2740, D-59717 Arnsberg
Germany

Greetings,

Timo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">