• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Publisher/Song Writer Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natanshaijames

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The state the contract is originating from is the metro Atlanta area, I am in Israel even though I don't think it matters.
I want to know if this contract will be harmful to me, I already read through it and want to change a few things (they can make me add lyrics? Not a chance. And.. "Conposition"? Already raises a question.)
Can anyone give it a read and tell me if it is standard, or something that will end up being my downfall? My music is precious to me.

If you want some type of reciprocation, I can advertise your firm or yourself on my blog "NSJ's Try or Die: How to Become Famous", lots of uniques.

I would also like to make it non-exclusive, how would I go about that in legal terminology?

The contract:
(posted it in a pastebin because it wouldh ave had to be broken up into 3 peices to be able to post on site, sorry.)

http://pastebin.ca/1529608

The Occultist

You need to be patient. The question you asked isn't really something everybody knows about (after all, if everybody knew about it, you wouldn't need to ask, right?). My guess is that there are about 3 people on this board that are able to answer your questions, so you're just going to need to be patient until one of them happens to come by your post. In the meantime, my advice is to always sit down with an attorney so that he may give you the best advice possible.

natanshaijames

Ah gotcha, yeah the problem is here in Israel the law is different. I've been to a couple of lawyers who just looked at me stumped from lack of the ability to speak English, its quite annoying ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">