• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchasing backup video games

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rooster73

What are the repurcussions for purchasing "backup" video games. I have read where they are cracking down on sellers and distributors, but what is happening to those who purchase?

racer72

Depends how lucky you feel. Get caught and you can probably say good bye to your computer. Is there enough manpower to go after everyone owning an illegal copy? Not hardly. You make the call.

R

rooster73

Computer

They would confiscate your computer? I'm not buying backups...and would never consider selling them. It's a hypothetical question that has bothered me for a while. I can see them confiscating the backups, but taking a computer that's not involved in any way seems odd.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">