• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Creative Commons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calvinhobbes79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas (Server hosted in Dallas)

My site is incorporated as a limited liability company in Australia.

I have a image gallery site, which has photos taken from flickr.com which have been specifically listed as "free to use for commercial purposes" by the photographer.

The way I protect myself is

1) Try to find authentic photographers, not someone who seems to have just uploaded pictures.

2) Email the photographer and ask if he owns the photos and if I can use them.

3) Take a screenshot of the flickr page with the photo and the license with a Firefox extension and save it.

Now I have heard Getty Images going after people demanding money and Getty Images is trying to get flickr photographers to sign up with them and remove the creative commons license.

If I do the above things..will I be protected. Also what happens when a picture's license is changed from creative commons free to use to copyrighted material by Getty Images.

Thanks.
Calvinhobbes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">