• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on publishing rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rgmusic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nv

A: if on an individual song writing agreement, a publisher is listed as for example aaa music, inc and aaa music, inc does not legally exist as a registered corporation, would that still be a legal binding agreement between the said owner of aaa music, inc and myself, or would that void the contract?

to clarify, the publisher is listed as aaa music, inc and in the heading the agreement is between aaa music, inc, owner (aaa music) and the artist.

B: also, if this would be voided, would the owner of aaa music, inc be misrepresenting himself as a music publisher. to my knowledge, there is not even a business license for him anywhere in the US.

C: could there be damages, as thousands of dollars were invested by the artist on behalf of this agreement, which which i'm thinking was entered into under a false pretense.

I'm no lawyer or law student by any means, so if i'm using the wrong language, i'm sorry, i'm just trying to get some advice and clarity. thank you

The Occultist

I can't give you advice to your specific questions as I am ignorant to such things, but I am able to offer some general advice: if you plan on embarking on a lawsuit, you will absolutely required the aid of an attorney versed in such law, and seeing as that's the case, my advice is to find such an attorney so that you may sit down with him allowing him to analyze all relevant facts/details so that he may advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">