• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rampant fraud!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bishopsgait

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
What would the major obstacle be for the legal system in taking this issue seriously if I have a case which includes in my favor statutory damages, a presumption of validity, a breach of contract, and 23 pages of factual evidence (or one hour and ten minutes to dictate) that a derivative was drawn from a registered copyright in my name? The statute of limitations (three years) runs out in five days. Yet since this individual has professed to the world that more sequels are coming this then should make the statute of limitations irrelavant. Correct?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
What would the major obstacle be for the legal system in taking this issue seriously if I have a case which includes in my favor statutory damages, a presumption of validity, a breach of contract, and 23 pages of factual evidence (or one hour and ten minutes to dictate) that a derivative was drawn from a registered copyright in my name? The statute of limitations (three years) runs out in five days. Yet since this individual has professed to the world that more sequels are coming this then should make the statute of limitations irrelavant. Correct?
The major obstacle? That would probably be you not filing an infringement suit.

If you file against the "fraudster," then the court will weigh the evidence. If the court determines a derivative was made of your work, then you can be awarded statutory damages. If the court determines otherwise, then you do not get awarded statutory damages.

I guess I am not really sure what your question is. . . .

OHRoadwarrior

The major obstacle appears to be you have tried this case in your head and not in court, which is the proper venue. Based on your assertion you are rapidly running out of time to change the venue.

bishopsgait

The major obstacle appears to be you have tried this case in your head and not in court, which is the proper venue. Based on your assertion you are rapidly running out of time to change the venue.
How is one supposed to gain entrance to this court when one encounters one shuddering, pirouetting attorney after another? Ample attempts to change this venue have been made. Could simply injustice be a cause?

justalayman

How is one supposed to gain entrance to this court when one encounters one shuddering, pirouetting attorney after another?
by walking down to the appropriate court and filing a properly constructed complaint. They can pirouette all they wish but it shall matter not as even a dancing attorney must deal with a properly constructed and properly filed complaint

Ample attempts to change this venue have been made. Could simply injustice be a cause?
so a change of venue has been denied so now, you either file suit in the proper venue or give up your journey writing it off as a lost cause. Nobody is going to do this for you and it is very unlikely an attorney is going to do this for you without a very substantial payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">