• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request for info on correct form of Public Copyright to use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyrisguy

I'm trying to determine the best form of Public Copyright to use for a work that one is happy to have any/everyone quote, copy and distribute for free without asking permission, but do not want anyone reproducing in whole or part for sale, without permission. Anyone here knowledgable about this topic? I've read a bit about Creative Commons license, Copyleft, and Copyfree, but could use some guidance from someone more experienced in the matter.

Thank you

(Based in CA)

quincy

I'm trying to determine the best form of Public Copyright to use for a work that one is happy to have any/everyone quote, copy and distribute for free without asking permission, but do not want anyone reproducing in whole or part for sale, without permission. Anyone here knowledgable about this topic? I've read a bit about Creative Commons license, Copyleft, and Copyfree, but could use some guidance from someone more experienced in the matter.

Thank you

(Based in CA)
We do not make recommendations.

FlyingRon

You don't want the atrocious FSF/Gnu CopyLeft. Not only is it not appropriate to your situation, there are serious implications there. The CC non-commercial or something licenses are probably closer. Read CCs faq and write back if you still have issues...http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

quincy

You don't want the atrocious FSF/Gnu CopyLeft. Not only is it not appropriate to your situation, there are serious implications there. The CC non-commercial or something licenses are probably closer. Read CCs faq and write back if you still have issues...http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions
Then again, maybe we do make recommendations.

;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">