• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retroactive Performance royalties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajcamlet

What is the name of your state? NJ

I am creditied as a writer for music that has been used extensivley on Television. I had not registered the Work with my own organization (ASCAP) until after learning that it had been placed in television. Hoever, the other writers who are members of BMI listed me offically as a writer. As a result, i missed the first two quarters, and quite a bit of $. Is this $ held for any certain period of time, and if so, how can i claim it?

Thanks for your time, and advice.

A

ajcamlet

Well, I am a member of ASCAP, not BMI, so BMI will not talk to me about this. I was told informall that the $ is held for about 8 months - but thats BMI's policy. ASCAP doesnt claim to have the same policy at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">