• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to distribute video interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Naanad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

I represent a person of some interest and he is looking into documenting on his personal webpage videos of his own recording of the events he participated in as that he was the one who legally recorded them.

There is how ever a VERY interesting interview clip that was aired and provided to him by the recording studio that aired it that has been requested by fans. If HE gives permission and it is ONLY the portion of the show dedicated to HIM, can he post it on his site, or rather can I per his request.

The Occultist

Who owns the rights according to the contract he signed? (just because the video is based on him doesn't mean he holds any rights to the video)

Naanad

Contract signed information

Who owns the rights according to the contract he signed? (just because the video is based on him doesn't mean he holds any rights to the video)
I'll ask him and see. (I have had little exposure to laws like this so its kind of new. I only post self shot videos so.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">