• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it RIGHT for them to sue me? (gibney)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ric0h

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So I tried to sell tiffany merchandise on ebay, and I was not aware it was fake. Though I find it hard for them to sue me based on camera pictures, which were not even extremely detailed.

So yeah they want 450 from me, so I called them, and try to get in contact with the person who signed the letter. But when I call a women does not want me to talk to him and she is always avoiding me to talk to him.

I have tried several times to get in contact with him, and she answers. I have a feeling that she is signing the letters until his name or something.
Do I have to pay the fine if I can't even talk to the person who ACTUALLY signed the sue letter?

Is there something I can do? I understand I do have to pay, and yes it was my fault for not checking for genuine first. But it just sound fishy that she wont let me talk to him under any circumstances, and I am pretty sure that she is signing under his name. All of this makes me not want to pay.

Please advice.

cyjeff

Pay it.

You have no authority to demand anything.

You can't get past the guy's secretary... because you are only one of several thousand cases that particular law firm deals with at any one time.

You will NEVER talk to the attorney except in court.

Ric0h

How long does it usually take for them to order
me by court?
It's been well over 4 months since first letter

varebate

I also got a notice from Gibney about a software listing (unsold), they want me to answer their question (how much profit, where I got it from) and also pay $375. I am weighing my options. If you don't mind sharing, what was the language of the notice? Did you reply to their questions? And when was the last notice you got from them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">