• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights to a Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TigerLily1016

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

i am in a group that holds seminars. we came up with a name but don't really have a logo. what is the procedure that we need to go through so that we own the name?

V

Veronica01

Place a call to a random telephone number of your State Department of Commerce. You will be transferred from one person to another. Mostly be patient, ultimately you will hit the right address.

Good luck

W

whimseywoman

I have no idea what Veronica is talking about.

If you want rights to the name and/or logo you choose for a company, it's called registering the trademark. I believe you contact that trademark office through the US Copyright Office.

V

Veronica01

Dear Whimseywoman,

The question starter of this thread was posted on the third of the month. I responded to the poster at that time. You dug the question 18 days later to tell us that you have no idea what I am talking about. The poster did not follow up on the question for nearly three weeks since I posted my reply. This is an indication that the poster understood what I talked about. It is not important that you have an idea what I am talking about. The poster does. I understand you just registered in the forum today. If your comment is to help the poster, it is too late.

If you did not understand my directive to the poster and you would wish to understand, then seek knowledge by asking a question, you shall be answered. I will be glad to help, and if it is not me, many good will people here would be as helpful.

W

whimseywoman

HUH??? The post asked about owning a name and your reply was something about calling the department of commerce and getting transfered to a bunch of different people.

Taking this a bit personally, aren't you?

V

Veronica01

No. Not taking it personally, no bad feeling at all.

The reason I directed the poster as I did is because I do not know if they have registered their group in their state which I feel it should be the starting point. You seem to disagree but I still believe it was the right directive. Nothing in it is inappriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">