• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Risk in trademarking a parked domain name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahtm

Hello,

I want to register a trademark for a mobile app. The .com of said name seems to be parked. In what way does this affect my rights?

Best regards,

Ahtm

Edit: Please don't tell me I need to consult an attorney; I want to try and learn myself.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

It doesn't mean much with regard to your trademark rights. You can't squat on trademark rights. Now since you took the trademark after the domain was obtained, you won't be able to argue bad faith on the other party if you're trying to get the domain.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,

I want to register a trademark for a mobile app. The .com of said name seems to be parked. In what way does this affect my rights?

Best regards,

Ahtm

Edit: Please don't tell me I need to consult an attorney; I want to try and learn myself.
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">