• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

same type of product similar instructions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

checkintocopy

What is the name of your state (california)?

i'm producing the same product type same instruction layout as another product on the market. the instructions are not word for word just the same layout and same meaning. they have 2 steps i have 2 steps same things in each step just changed wording a bit is this copyright infringment?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (california)?

i'm producing the same product type same instruction layout as another product on the market. the instructions are not word for word just the same layout and same meaning. they have 2 steps i have 2 steps same things in each step just changed wording a bit is this copyright infringment?
Nobody can say for sure without analyzing and comparing the two sets of instructions, but the general rule is that the instructional parts of a work -- do this, then that, etc. -- that are related to the functionality of the product, and are not "creative," cannot be protected by copyright.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">