• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Saying marlboro on my website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

delperez

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have a website that informs consumers where to buy cigarettes cheap. I do not sell cigarettes. Is it an infrigement to say the words Marlboro or Phillip Moriis or any other brand name on my site. Is it also a violation to put a picture I took of a marlboro cigarette box on my site?
Thanks,
Del

H

hexeliebe

No, it's not an infringement to use the names and/or graphics as long as you include the © next to them and a statement of copyright ownership somewhere in the site.

You also might want to write to the affected companies to ask their permission. I don't really think you'll get any problems from them since it's free advertising but it's better to be safe in this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">