• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

schools webpage and slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kblazk

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I made a webpage and used the schools background picture off their webpage and a picture of the school off their webpage. Now nowhere on the schools webpage does it say anything about this stuff being "copyrighted" or "property of" I also put a few names of students on the webpage and said that they were quote "fags" unquote. Now the school is coming after me for "copying their webpage" and the libel/slander. Do they have a case??? I printed off copys of the schools webpage and how it doesn't have anything copyrighted on it. Also the school printed off copys of my webpage and i deleted it off the net now but it was on their for about 3 hours. Also the school says i said the schools name on my website which they say i signed an acceptable use of the schools that says I'm not suppose to put the schools name on a website.

What could happen??? Also I'm a minor so does that make a difference?

HomeGuru

kblazk said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I made a webpage and used the schools background picture off their webpage and a picture of the school off their webpage. Now nowhere on the schools webpage does it say anything about this stuff being "copyrighted" or "property of" I also put a few names of students on the webpage and said that they were quote "fags" unquote. Now the school is coming after me for "copying their webpage" and the libel/slander. Do they have a case??? I printed off copys of the schools webpage and how it doesn't have anything copyrighted on it. Also the school printed off copys of my webpage and i deleted it off the net now but it was on their for about 3 hours. Also the school says i said the schools name on my website which they say i signed an acceptable use of the schools that says I'm not suppose to put the schools name on a website.

What could happen??? Also I'm a minor so does that make a difference?

**A: yes, they have a case and also the evidence. Your parents will be contacted and you will be disciplined accordingly pursuant to school policy.

K

kblazk

well the rincipal told me that if i took the webpage down by the next morning there wouldn't be any disicplinary actions taken, so i take it down and the next morning a deputy sheriff comes to talk to me. He asks me a few questions about it and i say i did it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">