• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling products made from a copyrighted pattern

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mseileend

What is the name of your state?New York

I am using copyrighted patterns from a pattern book that I have purchased to make crocheted items. I would like to sell these items. Can I do this? Do I need to do anything to legally do this. In the pattern book it says the pattern cannot be reproduced, but they are purposely selling you the pattern so you can make the item.

Thanks,

divgradcurl

mseileend said:
What is the name of your state?New York

I am using copyrighted patterns from a pattern book that I have purchased to make crocheted items. I would like to sell these items. Can I do this? Do I need to do anything to legally do this. In the pattern book it says the pattern cannot be reproduced, but they are purposely selling you the pattern so you can make the item.

Thanks,
Is there anything in the pattern book that discusses commercial use of the patterns?

mseileend

All the book says is "All rights reserved. May not be reproduced without written permission from the publisher. "

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">